Friday, July 9, 2010

Canine Watercolors from March and April 2010

Chihuahua-watercolor--3x4.5 inches--Couldn't resist this one. He was in a bag which a girl had looped over her saddle horn at a horse expo. I did not exaggerate the size of the ears at all.


Another image of the Bassett Hound, "Woodie"--8x10.5 inches watercolor of good old Woodie, doing what he does best...tracking. The colors are brighter in the original. I gave this to Woodie's owner to thank him for the 2 horses he brought down for me to use.


The next 5 images are what I call Warmup Exercises. Most of them are about 3.5x5 inches. I read about warmup on another artist's, Robert Burridge, website (no affiliation). It is a fun way to work, just devil may care attitude, get it down with not worries, experiment with images, composition, and color.






"St. B" again--Watercolor--3.5X5 inches watercolor. Part of my little dog series.


Two more warm-ups of a little French Bulldog.




That funny little Chihuahua again.


Bernese Mountain Dog--watercolor--3.5x5 inches



Bernese Mountain Dog--3.5x5 inches----playing with warm and cool colors on these 2


No comments:

Post a Comment