Monday, July 5, 2010

Sketches from January 2009

It was January of 2008 and I was practicing more on drawing and painting. The first 3 images were done on one of our trail riding excursions. During lunch, I like to pull out my watercolor pencils, waterbrush, and sketchbook. My riding buddy, Gayle, is patient and likes to relax while I play with the pencils, etc. 


The first sketch is always like a warmup.



Once I have looked things over, I can get more into what goes on with my subjects.


During the week long power outage in early January 2008, I had few distractions, so was able to play with my sketching and painting. The next 5 images were done using some of my photographs as sources. 

Little Red Boy was always a favorite source for me. He is gone now, but I still have those photos for inspiration.


The horses in the back field are also there for me to draw (g) from. 


Then there are my outdoor cats. I will be using them in future sketches from life. 


This is one of the lamps we use during power outages. Drawn from the source directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment