Saturday, July 10, 2010

Equine and Canine Art from May 2010

The next 2 images are of Drogen, a Gypsy Vanner. These were fun little experiments in color. Watercolor--3.5x4 inches.



These 4 images are of Solo, a Gypsy Vanner. Just playing with primaries here. Watercolor--3.5x4 inches each.





Here are 4 experiments on an image of my cousin's paint horse, Coco. I learned a lot from these little exercises. Watercolor--4.5x3 inches.





After doing the last 4 exercises of Coco, I painted this piece. Watercolor--9.5x7.5 inches. I was pleased enough to frame this one.


The next 2 watercolors are of Solo again. I am working on learning ways to deal with the background. Both are done on 11x14 inch 300 lb paper.



Next, I am playing with warm and cool colors. These 2 images of a Friesian mare and her yearling filly were taken from a photo I shot at a horse expo this year. Watercolor--3x4.5 inches each 



The next 3 images come from pictures I took at a desensitizing clinic this spring. I am now experimenting with adding humans to my equine paintings. Watercolor--3.5x5 inches




A set of images of a paint pony below. I really like the way the reds mixed with the blues on the 4th one down. Watercolor--the first and second are 3x4.5 inches; the 3rd and 4th are 3.5x5 inches.





Boston Terriers sure are popular these days. Watercolor--3.5x5 inches.


More images of Drogen and his owner. Watercolor 4.5x3 inches





Solo--Watercolor--7.5x9.5 inches


Drogen--Watercolor--9.5x7.5




No comments:

Post a Comment