Saturday, July 3, 2010

Drawings from years ago

From many years ago, these are some of my pen and ink drawings of canines. My eyes were better then; the ink dots are super-fine. These were a lot of fun to do, but the stippling was intense.

The great thing about pen and ink is its portability. A minimum amount of supplies is my favorite way to play with art. All that I need is a fine point pen, my drawing on bristol board, a clipboard and paper to support and protect the drawing. 

Canines:

Samoyed-pen and ink-8"x7.5"



Saluki-pen and ink-9"x11"

Rottweiler-pen and ink-11"x8"

Maltese-pen and ink-4.5"x3.5"

Great Dane-pen and ink and colored pencils-9"x10"

Basenji-pen and ink-4.5"x4"
Felines

Bobcat-pen and ink-5"x7.5"
Jaguar-pen and ink-11"x7.5"
White Cat-pen and ink-5.5"x4.5"
Other Critters

Swan-pen and ink-5.5"x4.5"



Black Bear-pen and ink_8.5"x8"

No comments:

Post a Comment